As a Fictionary-Certified StoryCoach editor, I offer developmental edits using Fictionary software, which allows editors to track the 38 Fictionary Story Elements for character, plot, and setting.
The Fictionary way:
- Both high level and detailed
When writers hire a Fictionary-certified editor, they receive both an in-depth story edit and access to leading-edge StoryCoach software to help them finish their novel. The story edit includes a professional summary letter and a complete package of editorial advice (scroll down for more details).
Certification entailed a two-month program overseen by Fictionary founder Kristina Stanley. Dedicated to producing the world’s best editors, Kristina leads editors through a rigorous learning program addressing the 38 Fictionary Story Elements in live and on-your-own work sessions.
To complete certification, editors submit a full developmental edit of an 80,000-word manuscript, which is graded for tone, story insights, and comprehensiveness.
Fictionary editors have a passion for story, and certification is a true badge of honor.
With a Fictionary development edit, you receive the following:
- Detailed summary letter with visual insights on enhancements for your manuscript
- Scene-by-scene tracking of the 38 story elements (viewed within Fictionary)
- Scene-by-scene notes (viewed within Fictionary or exported to a Word document)
- In-line comments and tracked changes
- Book promotion in the Fictionary community upon publication of your manuscript
To see all you get when you work with a Fictionary editor, download this free sample edit (PDF).
For more information about my Fictionary developmental editing services, please complete the form below: